Lasagne - in four steps

| |
Lasagne is one of those perennial favourites. I love Italian cooking, and my mother always made a really wonderful lasagne, so I've spent many years perfecting this one. I think I'm more or less on to a winner now though, so here it is for you all to enjoy.

Start here, with the meat sauce. You can do this up to a day or two in advance. Just cook it up to the end of this phase, let it cool down a little, and then put it in a plastic container in the fridge until you're ready to use it. You can then use it straight from the container, no need to reheat it.
Then, it's on to the bechamel sauce.
After that, you can get the garlic bread happening.
Once that's done, you just have to put it all together.

There's heaps of variations on the basic lasagne. One of my favourites is to replace the beef mince with some finely diced chicken. The only real change is that you should brown off the chicken, and then remove it to simmer the sauce. Throw it in at the end. This will help avoid making the chicken tough. Vegetarian lasagnes, however, are a completely different ball game. One day, I'll get a recipe for that up here!

Please enjoy, and do let me know how you get on.

Pictures are, as normal, available on the lasagne Picasa web album.

0 comments:

Post a Comment