Girl Geek Dinners Canberra

| |
Girl Geek Dinners have been around for a few years now. They were originally started in London by Sarah Blow, and have been gradually spreading all around the world. Last year saw the Sydney dinners arrived, followed closely by the Brisbane group.

So, naturally, when I heard on the grapevine that there were plans for a Canberra branch I got a bit excited and tried to work out who was organising it so that I could meet this wonderful person, and maybe help out a bit. Well, then I heard the bad news that this person had apparently drifted into the ether - taking her plans for a Canberra GGD with her.

Have you ever had one of those conversations where you realise that you've all of a sudden offered to do something you didn't actually intend to do? I had one of those the other day.



And so now it appears as though I'm the one responsible for getting Girl Geek Dinners up and running in Canberra. Eek! Right now, all I'm looking for is some kind of idea of how many people might be interested in something of this nature. Feel free to post in the comments here, or trot along to the brand spanking new blog at http://girlgeekdinnerscanberra.blogspot.com and respond to the survey.

And if anyone is really good with this kind of thing ... help?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment